Sunday, February 7, 2010

Introduction

This is a blog where I want to share my thoughts on food. I enjoy cooking and am actively involved in the kitchen every day. I like to try out new recipes from the many cookbooks I have and I also enjoy searching for recipes on-line. I like to cook food that is healthy and complete for my family’s need. During my travel, I plan my meals meticulously and enjoy eating in both new restaurants and old-favourites. And I am fond of collecting little kitchen gadgets that make life a lot simpler in the kitchen. Some of these gadgets can also be fun to use. I want to share my thoughts and experiences during my escapades in the kitchen.

I have enjoyed cooking right from when I was about 12 years old. I would come back from school in the evening and whip up something for my evening snack. Both my mother and mother-in-law have been huge influences in cultivating a love for cooking in me. They are both fantastic cooks and have been great inspirations. And trust me, cooking is a great way to a man’s heart!!!! ;-) Now I also enjoy cooking for my children and try out various child-friendly recipes.

I’ll be posting my thoughts on some of the things I cook in my kitchen on a daily-basis for my family, on dinner menus I plan for a gathering of friends or family, my opinion on specific restaurants, on kitchen gadgets and some must-haves in the kitchen, on food ingredients, on cookbooks, on food shopping and on a whole bunch of things related to food. I would appreciate feedback and suggestions from readers and ideas on more arenas for me to explore in the world of food.

6 comments:

  1. This is great Divya, glad you went ahead and started a blog and I like the name too :) Looking forward to reading more, Keep them coming... Good luck!

    Koshini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great going, Divya..Keep writing.
    I loved the detail you put in with the grilling recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Blog Divs, will look forward to your posts now on... Keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you! finding a good name for the blog was a lot harder than i thought. the first 30 or so names i tried were already taken! can you believe that????

    i am also very excited about this new blog and i am looking forward to a great experience ahead....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Divya...i'm really glad you are writing a blog..i'm a big fan of your cooking:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey divya, you have good writing skills, keeps the posts coming. BTW, I am Krishnaraj's class mate from school.

    ReplyDelete